Planning for the holidays  

The weather this past week turned very cold, making it really feel like winter is already here. One day it was even spitting some small flakes of snow! It almost seems like we skipped over autumn and went right into winter....

Anyway, at the beginning of October I began working through my checklists in my Holiday Planner. Since we will be home for Christmas this year (we make a trip out to the west coast every other Christmas to see my family), I am looking forward to using the Holiday Planner to plan and prepare for the holidays.

The assignments for Week 1 and Week 2 included making lists of people you want to make or buy gifts for, lists of gifts you want your kids to make for family and friends, your Christmas card list, lists of baking you want to do....I had so much fun this weekend sitting down and getting some of these things down on paper.

Christmas is always a special time of year as we reflect on our Savior's birth. It is also a wonderful time to express our love to our family, friends, and neighbors. If you are like me, though, if you don't plan ahead then things usually don't get done. This is the very reason why the Holiday Planner is such a blessing to me. It gives me tasks to do each week, beginning October 1, so that I can plan into my schedule to get all the things done that I want to get done...such as making cookie plates for neighbors, going and seeing Christmas lights with the family, reading meaningful nativity stories, etc.

What about you? Are you ready for the holidays? Consider grabbing your own copy of the Holiday Planner and get started today!

Print
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comments

Post a Comment