Nourishing Foods - A Testimony  

Over the past five years or so, I have really been trying to prepare healthier foods for my family. It has taken baby steps, but slowly we are making progress! I love following the old methods of food preparation explained in the book, Nourishing Traditions. I love making yogurt, buttermilk, kombucha, soaking my grains and legumes, etc. But sometimes I wonder if going back to the old ways really does make a difference.

[Please note, though, that I do not agree with everything in the Nourishing Traditions book. This book is not written from a Christian perspective, but contains many useful recipes and health information. For a wonderful set of books on cooking "Nourishing Traditions style" from a Christian perspective, check out Sue Gregg's set of cookbooks here.]

Well, last week I ran across a neat blog post. This is a MUST read! In fact, I have been motivated to try my hand at lacto-fermented pickles again. (I need to make some yogurt first, so I can get some whey...they I'm going to try making lacto-fermented pickles.) This post talks about how this mom began implementing some of these methods in her food preparation and some of the amazing health results she has observed in her family.

Click here to go to this post right now and read it. You will be amazed!

Print
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comments

Post a Comment