Updates from our home...  

We had a GREAT week this past week! Our family went on vacation, traveling over 1000 miles. We had a lot of fun! This picture of the kids was taken at the Buffalo Bill Cody Ranch in North Platte, NE. We had some full days, but lots of precious memories were made! We are tired and taking today to recuperate a bit from our vacation. It is SO good to be home again! I thought I'd do a post to catch you up a bit on a few odds and ends that I want to share about. Here it goes...

1. While we were gone on vacation, I had a chance to listen to the audio book, Crazy Love. You can download this audio book for free during the month of July at Christian Audio. Click here to go to my post about this great book. After listening to it, I highly recommend it! You will be challenged in your walk with the Lord!

2. My daughter and I continue to use the homemade "Oil Cleanser" that I talked about in this post. I am totally amazed how it has helped my daughter's skin. It is so smooth and almost acne free! My skin has improved so much as well! I highly recommend you try this! I had a mom email me who had a teenage son who used it and it really helped him. We use this Oil Cleanser at night, followed with some coconut oil (just a little) if needed to moisturize. It works great!

3. I was so excited to review another new ebook by Diane Hurst! This ebook contains some adorable notebook pages for preschoolers. I will be doing a post on this ebook later this week. You will LOVE it!

4. I have been using the homemade broth powder for a few weeks now and absolutely LOVE it! Click here to go to my post with the recipe. I have only been using 1 tsp. per cup of water to make broth to use in many of my recipes. I use broth in my cream gravies, in beef burritos, in soups...and it tastes so good! It has a chicken smell to it, even though there is no chicken in it. It is always better nutritionally to use real chicken or beef broth that you make yourself. But...if you need to use broth powder, then this recipe is a wonderful healthy alternative! I found the yeast flakes and rice protein powder pretty cheap at www.vitacost.com. Give it a try today!

Have a wonderful week and I'll be back later this week with that book review on Diane Hurst's newest ebook!

Print
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments

  • Mrs. Team S  
    July 21, 2009 at 9:52 AM

    Hi Sheri-

    Which rice protien powder do you use? There were several to choose from at www.vitacost.com and I haven't used it before so I don't know what I am looking for! :)

    Have a blessed day!

    -RaShell

  • Sheri Graham  
    July 21, 2009 at 11:11 AM

    Hi RaShelle!

    I have the NOW Sports Rice Protein powder, but here is the link to the at Vitacost that I would get. It is the best deal: http://www.vitacost.com/Source-Naturals-Brown-Rice-Protein-Powder

    Here is the link for the Yeast Flakes that I am using: http://www.vitacost.com/Kal-Nutritional-Yeast-Flakes

    I hope that helps!

    Hugs,
    Sheri

  • RaShell  
    July 27, 2009 at 12:16 PM

    Thanks Sheri! Have an extra super blessed day! :)

Post a Comment