Being Thankful in ALL Things!  

A dear friend recently reminded me that in those times when we are tempted to get down on ourselves, to wallow in feelings of guilt, feeling like we don't "measure up" to others' expectations or even our own expectation...it is in those times that we need to give thanks...to simply praise the Lord, worship Him, and offer thanksgiving for the many blessings He has given us. It is so tempting to keep our focus on ourselves...when we really need to get our focus on God.

So...here are some things that I am thankful for today....

My two youngest in their "reading corner". They have claimed this little nook in the corner of our kitchen. The heating vent is in that corner (that's why nothing else is there). They like to take their stack of books and sit and "read" in the warm heat of the vent. Here are my two youngest enjoying some books. My 2-year-old is "reading " to my 1-year-old. I am so thankful for children who enjoy each other...and enjoy good books!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was a beautiful sunset we caught a few weeks back as we were driving to my in-laws' house. I am thankful for His gift of beauty. His beautiful creation that reminds us of Him each and every day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My oldest has been taking dance (ballet and pointe) for quite a few years now. She made up a 25 minute "ballet" telling the Christmas story to perform for my parents in Washington. She used different Christmas songs and audio Bible clips to tell the story while she danced. Here she is performing her Christmas Ballet for our family in my dad's church (my dad is a pastor). I am so thankful for a daughter who uses her talents to glorify and praise Him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last, but not least, I am so thankful for my parents. Here is a picture of my parents with all the grandkids. My mom is holding my newest neice and my other neice is standing right in front of my mom. The other five children are mine. In a world where you see so many families split apart, I am so thankful for my Dad and Mom who love the Lord, are growing in Him daily, and love to serve Him. I am thankful for being raised in a Christian home where I was loved and cared for and encouraged to be all God wants me to be. I love you, Dad and Mom!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have SO MUCH to be thankful for! I am going to try to post more on the endless gifts that the Lord has given me...in the everday of life! Blessings to you today!

Print
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comments

Post a Comment