Baking, baking, and MORE baking!  

I was feeling REALLY productive today for some reason...so I went on a baking spree and had lots of fun. Here is what I made:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 loaves of Potato Bread

I don't have a picture of these, but I used this recipe. I doubled the recipe and made 3 loaves out of it. It turned out great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

English Muffins


I couldn't believe how easy these were to make! I got 15 pretty good sized English muffins out of this recipe. I think next time I'll double it so I have more to freeze! Here is the recipe:
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tsp honey
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 4 cups flour (I used 1/2 white 1/2 whole wheat)
  • 2 tsp instant yeast
  • 3 Tbs. butter, melted
  • Cornmeal

Mix together the water, milk, honey and salt. Add 2 cups of flour and the yeast; mix well. Cover and let rise for about 1 hour.

Add the butter and the remainder of the flour. On a surface sprinkled with cornmeal, roll out dough to about 1/2 inch thick and cut into circles. Let rise until doubled.

Cook on a hot (about 350 degrees), well buttered griddle until they are light brown, turning once while cooking.

Cool and then store in a tight container or freeze. These easily cut in half or break open with a fork. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whole-Wheat Hamburger Buns

  • 1 1/2 cups hot water
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 4-4/12 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon gluten
  • 1 Tablespoon yeast

I mixed the above ingredients in my heavy duty mixer and then kneaded with the dough hook for about 8 minutes. Remove dough and place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in warm place for about an hour. Shape into rolls (I made 9 large hamburger buns, but you can make smaller dinner rolls if you wish). For hamburger buns, place on greased cookie sheet and flatten with palm of hand. Cover with a towel and let rise in warm place for about 45 minutes.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until browned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peanut Butter Bites


I mixed a batch of these up for the kids for snacks. They LOVE these and they are so easy to make! Here is the recipe:
  • 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter (or chunky if you like)
  • 3/4 cup powdered milk
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup raw honey
Mix well and roll into 1 inch balls. Place on waxed paper-lined pan and refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Store covered for up to one month- if there are any left!

Print
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments

Post a Comment