Zucchini Jam  

This recipe came across one of the email groups I am on and it sounded interesting...so I gave it a try! I love it! It doesn't look very appetizing...looking more like a relish...but it tastes delicious! What a great way to use up a bunch of zucchini that you don't know what to do with! Did you know that you can make tomato preserves too? I read about this in the Little House books, so I searched the internet for a recipe. Sure enough, there are recipes to make tomato jam! I haven't been brave enough to try that one yet. I'll let you know if I do! Anyway...here is the recipe for the Zucchini Jam...

Zucchini Jam

4 cups ground zucchini
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 cups sugar
1 (3 oz.) box orange Jell-O

In a large pot, cook zucchini for 10 minutes on medium-low, stirring constantly. Add in the pineapple, lemon juice, and sugar. Cook for 20 minutes. Add Jell-O and boil for 2-3 minutes to make sure the gelatin is dissolved. Ladle into freezer containers, leaving 1 1/2 inch headspace. Put into freezer when cool.

You can also water bath can these. Ladle into clean jars, put lids and rims on, then process in water bath canner for 10 minutes. Yummy!!!

Print
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comments

  • Berean Wife  
    September 2, 2009 at 12:40 PM

    Sheri,

    We were making Blueberry jam today and since I had some zucchini in the frig I decided to try this, also. It was very simple and nice since it didn't require Sure Jell. It was great! Tastes like orange marmalade to me. The kids thought it was ugly, but they were surprised at how good it was. My oldest daughter suggested we have zucchini bread with zucchini jam.

    Thanks for the recipe it is a keeper. :)

    Berean Wife

Post a Comment