Book Review: Grandpa's Box-Retelling the Biblical Story of Redemption  


I have posted before about our read aloud times we have each day.  Over the years we have read books on many different subjects - history, science, literature, character building books, etc.  Well, I have had my eye on Grandpa's Box for a few years now and finally broke down and bought it this year.

The kids and I are enjoying it so much!  This book takes you through 40 stories from the Bible, telling about the battle going on between God and Satan...and how God's continues to have victory over each and every battle that has taken place.

I don't know about you, but I needed to be reminded that God is in control.  In a time when our world seems to be spinning out of control, corruption and sin seems to be everywhere -- I needed to be reminded that we are in a battle....God is our Commander-in-Chief...and we are going to win!  Praise Him!

My kids can't wait to sit and read the 4 or so chapters that we read each day.  Even my 6 year old is so excited when it is reading time.  I can't recommend this book enough.  I think this is one that I will pull out every year to re-read with the kids, it is that good.

Consider buying a copy of Grandpa's Box for your family...and be encouraged that God is in control no matter what is going on around us!

Print
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comments

Post a Comment