The Best Biscuits!  

My family loves to have biscuits...biscuits & grave - sausage, egg, & cheese biscuits - biscuits with homemade blackberry jelly - the list goes on. I finally found a yummy recipe that I modified a bit and it is absolutely delicious! Now it uses unbleached all-purpose flour, so it isn't the most healthy option. Next time I make them I might try to mix in a bit of whole wheat flour, we'll see. These biscuits are so yummy though and easy to mix up. I used my Bosch to mix them up and they turned out great! My family thinks they taste like the biscuits you get at Kentucky Fried Chicken!

Here is the recipe...

The Best Biscuits

3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk

In your Bosch or heavy-duty mixer with dough hook, mix up the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add the melted butter and mix until it looks like crumbs. Add in the milk and mix until the dough forms a ball.

Remove from mixer and roll out on dry counter top (you can dust the counter lightly with flour if you wish). Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut biscuits with cutter and place on greased cookie sheets.

Bake at 450 degrees for 8-12 minutes.

Note: This recipe can easily be doubled to make a huge batch of biscuits. You can also flash freeze the cut biscuits (not baked) by placing on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet in the freezer until hard. Transfer to freezer bags. To use, set out frozen biscuits on cookie sheets to thaw a bit while the oven preheats. Bake as directed above.

Print
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comments

  • Leat  
    June 23, 2009 at 9:40 AM

    Hi Sheri, you have a great blog! I really enjoy reading it. Your biscuit recipe is similar to the one I use. I have found doing half whole wheat and half regular flour produces a light yet hearty healthier biscuit.
    Have a great day!

    Leat

Post a Comment