Homeschool Preschool  

I wanted to share what I have been doing with my 4 year old son and almost 2 year old daughter. Since my children are so spaced out in age, I am finding that the simpler I plan our "preschool" time the better! I actually get my 15 year old and 9 year old going on their table work and then I go sit down with my 4 year old and almost 2 year old and do preschool with them.

I wanted to share what I am doing....it is very simple, doesn't take a lot of time, but it is fun and my preschoolers are enjoying it. My goal for preschool is to learn the names and sounds of all the letters, have a good knowledge of some of the major Bible stories, learn the names of the numbers from 1-10, and learn to count from 1-20 (higher if they learn quickly).

I found a wonderful website that has printable posters for each letter of the alphabet, along with a Bible story, Bible verse, and a little letter song to learn the sounds of the letters. My preschoolers are LOVING these and they are learning the letter sounds! I usually cover 2 letters a week. I choose a Bible story to read based on the letter we are working on. For example, when we did "A", the Bible story was Adam and Eve. So, we start our preschool time with reading the Bible story and then singing the song that goes along with the Bible story. I bought this Bible story book to use and it is wonderful!






452392: 100 Bible Stories/100 Bible Songs--Book and CDs100 Bible Stories/100 Bible Songs--Book and CDs


Once we have read the Bible story and sing the song, then I pull out the letter poster. I print these double-sided on card stock paper, then slip them into sheet protectors in a notebook. I open up to the letter we are studying that day and we look at the picture, say the letter and what it stands for. Then we sing the song, along with the actions that go along with it. I then go back and review all the letters and songs we have learned so far. My kids love it.

Here is the link to the ABC Posters (by the way, this website has a full curriculum that you can use if you wish. It was too time-intensive for me though. They do have a bunch of neat things though, so look around. They have flashcards that match the letter posters that would be fun to use for games too. Enjoy looking!)
http://www.hubbardscupboard.org/bible_and_rhyme_activities.html#PictureReviewSheets

We then move on the GAME TIME. I found a neat website that has a ton of printable ABC and COUNTING games. I printed out one of the file folder counting games and a few others to play with the kids. They love it! Take a look.
http://www.childcareland.com/free.html

After game time, then we read some books. If we don't have time, then our book reading happens right before naps after lunch.

So...that is our simple preschool plan!

Print
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment